Tangerine Chocolate Chip Cookies
Antioxidants: this recipe was made with dried tangerine zest from ripe tangerines from our garden. If you are growing your own citrus, I highly recommend making your own citrus zest. You get a tastier more aeromatic zest and more antioxidants because it was picked ripe (store bought citrus usually comes in a wax coating and are picked prior to being ripe).
Healthy Fats: I used avocado oil instead of butter in this recipe because it tastes better AND it has unsaturated healthy fats that contain omega-3s that promote brain functions, lower cholesterol levels, reduce inflammation, and protect against dry eye diseases.
Tangerine Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
1 Tablespoon tangerine zest
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup avocado oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon almond extract
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and zest in a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, combine egg, sugar, brown sugar, avocado oil, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix well.
4. Add flour mixture in and mix well, then mix in chocolate chips.
5. Drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
7. Wait 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
Helpful Kitchen Tools You May Need: